EKOS™ Acoustic Pulse Thrombolysis™ treatment is a minimally invasive system for dissolving thrombus. The ultrasonic core generates a localised acoustic field which greatly accelerates lytic dispersion by driving the drug deeper into the clot and unwinding the fibrin to expose plasminogen receptor sites.
Features and Benefits
Acoustic Pulse Thrombolysis™ Treatment:
- Speeds time-to-dissolution
- Increases thrombus removal and clinical improvement compared to either standard Catheter Directed Therapy (CDT) or thrombectomy
- Lowers the risk of bleeding and other complications
More Effective Drug Delivery:
- Reduces dosage requirements by as much as 68% compared to standard CDT
- Requires up to 4x less drug dosage than systemic delivery
Superior Thrombus Clearance:
- 48 % greater drug absorption within 1 hour
- 84 % greater drug absorption within 2 hours
Reduced Procedure Time
EKOS™ requires significantly shorter treatment times, typically only 33–50% of standard CDT. Unlike more complex surgical solutions, EKOS™ is an efficient, three-step process:
- Insert the EKOS™ 5.4 F infusion catheter through the thrombus.
- Insert the ultrasonic core until it locks in place.
- Activate the lytic infusion and acoustic pulse.
Treatment zones range from 6cm to 50cm with radiopaque marker bands at each end of the treatment zone to enhance visualisation. At-aglance operating status, alarms and treatment times are easy to read from a distance.
EkoSonic Mach4 Device – Peripheral
- Endovascular Device EkoSonic® MACH4
Calibrated for Rapid Pulse Modulation, the EkoSonic Mach 4
device consists of a sophisticated MicroSonic Device within an
Intelligent Drug Delivery Catheter:
• A variety of treatment zone options enable you to precisely match the length of the clot to the length of the treatment zone, optimizing the use of thrombolytic agents.
• The catheter and the microsonic device are both fl exible so you can easily navigate through vasular anatomy without damaging vessel walls.
• Continuous monitoring by the Intelligent Drug Delivery Catheter facilitates optimization of the microsonic energy, enabling the system to adjust settings as lysis progresses.
• Platinum radio-opaque marker bands at the distal and proximal end of the treatment zone enhance catheter visibility and placement.
- EkoSonic Mach4 Device – Pulmonary Embolism
The endovascular system EkoSonic Mach4 Device consists of the Intelligent Drug Delivery Catheter (IDDC) and the MicroSonic Device (MSD). It is used for patients with a ≥ 50% clot burden in one or both main pulmonary arteries or lobar arteries.
- EkoSonic Control Unit
The EKOS® EkoSonic control unit is solely intended to be used with the endovascular device EkoSonic and the endovascular device EkoSonic MACH4.
EkoSonic® SV Endovascular System
- EkoSonic SV Controll Unit
The EKOS® control unit EkoSonic SV™ is solely designed to be used with the endovascular device EKOS® MicroSonic SV™.
- MicroSonic SV Endovascular Device
The endovascular device MicroSonic SV™ is intended for the controlled selective infusion of physician-specified fluids into the intracranial arterial vascular system
Tantalum makes the embolisate x-ray visible; the particle size determines the sedimentation time.